Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Give Thanks . . .

Happy Wednesday Everyone!
It's time for a new challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge Blog.  I'm happy to say I am your hostess for today and the theme I have chosen is

HARVEST HOE-DOWN
(Anything to do with Harvest/Fall time of year ... 
tractors, scarecrows, apples, veggies, cornstalks, sunflowers)

I can't believe we are into August already and that means it's harvesting time of year!
I grew up on a small farm so this was a very busy time of year for us!
All the veggies in the garden were ready for picking and preserving for the cold winter ahead.


My dad had a big red Farmall tractor (like the one in this photo)
Image result for farmall tractor images

that I remember so well.  Even though it was hard work,
we all pitched in and did our part so it wasn't so bad!   I know now that those days
helped shape me into the person I am today!

So today, I pay homage to my growing up years where I learned all about planting, harvesting and home canning along side my Mom, Dad and Sisters.  Nothing tastes better in the winter than to open a jar of our home canned pickles, tomatoes, peaches (and so many others) and enjoy them around the dinner table with my family.


The images I've used on today card are from Crafty Secrets.  Even though they are no longer in business {sad!}, I have a lot of their fabulous products and need to remember to use them.  My sentiment is an Oldie but a Goodies from Stampin' Up (I believe circa 2006) from a stamp set called Country Blessings.

I hope you'll pop over to see what my 'sistahs' have created to inspire you ...
Then come join in the fun ... can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and,
As always . . .





Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, the Paper Studio 'Blue Barn' 6x6 dp, Red cs
Stamps/ink:  Stampin Up/ Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  Crafty Secrets images, Silver Marker, Black Spectrum Noir Marker, Dimensional Foam Tape, TH distresser



10 comments:

  1. Super cute and fun card representing the 'hoedown' well! Yes, I think we had it much better in 'ahem' our days then now, at least it felt like it! Greg would like your big red tractor, oh wait he has 3 already...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card to remember your childhood with. It must have been great (albeit hard work) to grow up on a farm. Thanks for hosting this challenge Darle e!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the collage-y feel of this card. That tractor die is awesome and you have used it beautifully. I really like the way you have distressed the "seed packet" panels, too. Give it a shabby chic look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully cute card for the Fall. It sure sounds like you had a wonderful childhood and making great cards like this can help keep those memories alive. I would love to have some of those canned goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. Great seed packets and mower. I wish I had one of those iron beast now. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you have many good times on the farm, like the tractor die, and neat images, great thanksgiving card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Fall card! I love the layering of your little 'postcard-like panels', the wonky placement looks great! Oh and I love that tractor and perfect sentiment! Great creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love LOVE all those harvest images! And that perfect tractor and the sentiment. I miss the rewards of the farm, but not the hard work. I don't think my mom found it as fun as I did when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card feels like a wonderful fall harvest! Great tractor!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene