Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Words of Encouragement . . .

Hello Crafty Friends!
Today begins a new challenge over on the Sisterhood of Crafters blog and our hostess is Vickie!  She has chosen a theme that EVERYONE can participate in ... I'm referring to

ANYTHING GOES!

Since I had an open slate, I decided to print out some digi images (that deserved attention) and get busy coloring.  I've used my Spectrum Noir PENCILS for the coloring on this sweet image.  


This adorable 'Daisy' image is from the Inspired by Stamping Store and is actually one of the FREE images they offered awhile ago.    I liked the larger flowers for coloring and the encouraging verse is perfect!

I used pencils from three different Spectrum Noir pencil sets ... Primaries, Essentials & Floral.  Once colored I used a Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Rectangles' die to cut and then mat.  But before removing it from the die, I used a large sponge and sponged around the edge using Tim Holtz 'Worn Lipstick' oxide ink.

I know it's difficult to see in the photo, but once my coloring was completed (actually after I had my card all put together and photographed) ... I decided the flower petals needed more 'character' so I used Wink of Stella on each petal.

That just didn't show up and give the petals the character I was looking for so I went to my container of Gelly Roll Glitter Pens and gave each petal a few strokes.  I'm very happy with the outcome and of course, it's so much prettier in real life.



The background was created using a scrap of cranberry colored card stock and the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Cathedral Lace Frame'.    

Today seemed to be one of those days that I didn't have all my thoughts together before putting my card together!  Because, after I already had my focus image matted and attached to the background panel, I decided it needed a ribbon ... good grief girl!  LOL   So, I carefully lifted the bottom of my focus panel and added a piece of pretty pink ribbon from the Really Reasonable Ribbon store then made a double loop bow to attach on top.  Whew!   A few little dots of Nuvo Pink Crystal Drops and NOW my card is complete!

I hope you'll come join in our Sisterhood challenge fun!  Remember, the theme is Anything Goes so you have NO EXCUSE!!  LOL

Challenges to share in:
Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge - ATG
Lemon Shortbread Challenge - ATG
Try It On Tuesday Challenge - In My Garden
Ooh La La Creations Challenge - Flowers
Simon Says Work It Wednesday (Aug/Sept) - ATG

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a MARVELOUS day ahead!!!

As always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.