Monday, October 16, 2017

Good Friends . . .

Monday Again ... 2017 is ticking away quickly!!
Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend!

Today I have a trio of cards using the same sentiment that I purchased recently at the semi-annual Scrapbook Expo held in Akron.  The images were found online (no copyright rules were broken) and I think they could be used for a variety of occasions ... from a birthday to just a note card.


I'm not a big reader (bad eyes) but if I do decide to read a book, it has to grab me in the first chapter!  Then once it does, I can't put it down ... NOTHING else gets done till I've finished it.   My sister is a big reader and several years ago (before my crafting days) she introduced me to the author Judith McNaught. Well, I couldn't get enough of her stories and I'm serious when I say NOTHING else got done when I started one of her books.  Another reason why I don't read today ... that would be time away from my crafting!  Can't have that!!  LOL

 I was intrigued by some of the titles on the row of books in this image.


 The background paper I used on these cards has a 'leather' textured feel to it and thought it would coordinate perfectly with these leather bound books.


A touch of Nuvo crystal drops was used just as a small accent.  I didn't want to take away from the image or this fabulous sentiment which is from Rubbernecker Stamps.


I hope you've enjoyed today's post and find a touch of inspiration in my designs.
My collection of cards for the upcoming show is finally starting to look closer to what I need to have prepared for November.  Probably after this week I'll have to switch over to other projects ... gift card holders, tissue box covers, Hershey boxes ... you know those 'goodies' everyone is looking for at a craft show.

I'll be sure to share!  LOL

Challenges to share in:
Artistic Inspirations Challenges #188 - ATG
Crafting from the Heart Challenge #179 - ATG
Path of Positivity Challenge #52 - Surround yourself with Literature (10/2 - 11/5)
As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.